Multipurpose Room Rentals
The LWCC multipurpose room is available to rent for community and family events, and programs. The maximum capacity is 60 people.
While we do permit food and drinks in the MPR, we do not have kitchen facilities available to renters.
You can view our calendar online for times that may potentially be available for rental. You can view our calendar here. We try to keep our calendar current and up-to-date but sometimes programs/recurring events/camps may not yet be entered on the calendar at the time you are viewing it. Please contact the community centre directly for questions about availability. We will do our best to respond to all inquiries promptly.
If you are interested in inquiring about a Multi-purpose room rental please contact the General Manager at email@example.com or call the community centre office at (204) 487 2435. The Manager will look at availability, go over rental policies and provide the renter with the required Rental Agreement forms.
You are responsible for your own set up and for cleaning up at the end of your rental. Staff will be on-site to provide assistance. Please leave the room in the condition it was in when you arrived. The booked rental time includes time for set-up and clean-up. If you need extra time, please book it at the time of rental.
Multipurpose Room Rental Rate (Casual)
$35.00/hour + GST
The gym and multipurpose room can be rented together for $75.00/hour + GST for events such as birthday parties. Please be sure to read the rental information for the gym as well.
Multipurpose Room Capacity
60 people maximum. Fire regulations do not allow any deviation from this maximum.
Tables and Chairs
We provide tables and chairs if you require them. Our rectangular tables measure 30 inches by 60 inches. The round tables have a 48 inch diameter. Our tables are used for crafts, so you may want to bring table cloths.
Food and Drinks
We do not have a kitchen for use or rental. You may cater food and beverages for your event. If you plan to serve alcohol at your event, you must notify LWCC at the time of booking. The Manager will go over the policies with you regarding having alcohol. The renter would be responsible for obtaining the liquor permit, at their own cost above and beyond the rental of the MPR.
- Occasional rentals must be paid in full at the time of booking and have an LWCC Rental Contract signed. LWCC accepts credit cards, cash or cheques.
Seasonal or Program Rentals
- All seasonally rented time slots in the current year are available to renters who used that time slot in the previous year.
- Seasonal renters receive the first choice on any long-term time slots that open due to a cancellation.
- Seasonal renters must complete a LWCC Rental Agreement and a Facility Use Agreement for the City of Winnipeg. All rental groups must have liability insurance that fulfills the requirements stipulated by the City of Winnipeg.
- Seasonal rentals are invoiced monthly. Statements are sent by email only.
Cancellations must be made in writing to the General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Casual & One Time Rentals:
Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the rental will receive a full refund.
Cancellations made more than 1 week prior to the rental, but less than 30 days prior will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee (on the total rental).
Cancellations made 1 week or less prior to the rental will not receive a refund.
Long-term & Seasonal Program Rentals:
Rental terms and conditions are outlined on the Program Rental Agreement.
Program rentals agree to pay for all booked dates under the Agreement.
- All renters and their groups must respect the rights of other renters and of community members using the LWCC.
- Renters and their groups must exit the rented space no later than the end of the booked time slot. The booked rental time includes time for set-up and clean-up. If extra time is needed, please book it at the time of rental.
- Renters are responsible for cleaning up any garbage left behind by their group.
- Renters are responsible to bring any water spills or other spills to the attention of LWCC staff as soon as possible. The renter may be held responsible if a person slips and is injured.
- Renters and their groups are responsible to ensure that the rental space, floors and equipment are not damaged.